Regardless of whether your house is clean in some scenarios or not, it may not smell the best. Things like carpet in your home can accompany smells; particularly if it’s the case with pets. Utilizing a homemade carpet freshener with cinnamon when cleaning your home can help in freshening up your carpet naturally.
Why Should You Make a Homemade Carpet Freshener?
Many commercial fresheners contain synthetic compounds. These synthetic compounds are actually considered as endocrine disruptors and almost all of us don’t want our family to interact with these kinds of compounds frequently. Also, since a lot of people usually walk barefoot in their homes, these chemicals can also seep into one’s skin and possibly cause health issues.
Making your own carpet refresher is a modest and safe option. It additionally gives you the opportunity to pick whatever aroma you’d like. Most people prefer to utilize cinnamon, clove, and orange. It makes a warm and welcoming fragrance that gives you a pleasant feeling.
Similar to other carpet fresheners, these compounds are sprinkled on the carpet surface and then you leave it for some time. After some instance of time, you vacuum it up. Doing this will give your home a pleasant fragrance.
Are you looking for a way to make a homemade carpet freshener just by using cinnamon? Let’s have a look at the ingredients needed and the ways to make the carpet freshener.
- Baking soda – ½ cup
- Borax – ½ cup
- Ground cinnamon – 1 teaspoon
How to Make the Freshener
- Start by mixing the borax and baking soda in a plastic bowl.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil of your choosing. You can also include a teaspoon of cinnamon or ground cloves for fragrance, in case you don’t want to include essential oil into your freshener.
- Mix the mixture until it is free of any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into a disposable container that has holes on the top of it.
- Apply the mixture onto your carpet by sprinkling it, and let it sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Vacuum your carpet.
While making carpet freshener if you have light colored carpet then never utilize ground cinnamon, since it could cause staining. Instead, you can go for cinnamon essential oil for incorporating the fragrance you need to enjoy.
It’s important to not only keep your carpet clean, but also keep them smelling fresh. This article went over how you can make your own homemade carpet freshener with cinnamon so that your home can smell fresh and sweet, naturally.